Saturday, June 30, 2007

Eat This: The Treats Truck








Yummy, yummy, yummy is all I can say about this unique way to bring goodies to you.

This husband and wife team based in Brooklyn bake all sorts of baked goods from chocolate chip cookies to raspberry brownies load them up in their truck and set up shop in different areas of New York each day. The day I went they were across Hotel Rivington. As my friends and I walked pass the truck we were immediately drawn to all the baked treats that were on display in the glass window of the truck.



Then, a smiling lady came out with two full trays of samples. Samples!!! She quickly held these trays in front of us and encouraged to take as many samples as possible. I went for the rice krispy treats (they came in original and chocolate swirled-in) and as soon as I bit into it, it pretty much melted in my mouth. It was the perfect combination of butter, marshmallow and rice krispy cereal. The next sample I went for was the raspberry brownie. I don't know what they do to mix in the I assume the raspberry jam with the brownie mixture to make it still soft when you bite into it....but it was very good. I sampled the chocolate chip cookies and oatmeal raisin ones as well. Good, but not my favorite. I've certainly tried better.

I'm so happy I was able try some of their eats. I wish I got to buy and try more things, but at that time I was on my way to have some happy hour drinks (hehe). So if you ever see this around your neck of the woods, try it out. From $1-3 for these things, it won't burn a hole in your pocket.



The Treats Truck. Treats range from $1-3. Various locations.

No comments: